6 thoughts on “ADHD or Normal Procrastination?

• March 20, 2019 at 11:27 pm

Thanks for this, but how can we do to control it? What food can be best to help people with ADHD disorder?

• March 23, 2019 at 3:19 pm

Hi Salome! That’s a big question, and one that is most effectively addressed with a mental health professional. The best food for ADHDers is really the same food that’s healthy for everyone else. A healthy diet is important for everyone, of course, but unfortunately it’s not going to make ADHD symptoms go away.

• March 21, 2019 at 10:45 pm

ADHD’rs, Please get a watch minder 3 watch! It is LIFE CHANGING for someone with ADHD! If you really want help with your ADHD, that is. GET IT!!!

• March 23, 2019 at 10:02 pm

Why? Could you please elaborate more?

• March 23, 2019 at 3:00 am

Good article. I am a procrastinator big time. You hit the nail on the head when you describe the way an individual with ADHD feeds off of pressure. I have always had a hard time getting motivated for a task and often found my self daydreaming while trying to do something that was not due yesterday! Wasn’t diagnosed until I was 44. Growing up school was a nightmare as I found myself putting things off until the doomsday clock was 1 minute 2. I applaud the notion of increased awareness in the school system. Teachers, as well as school counselors, need to be versed in the nuances of ADHD. The educational system, parents and above all the student would benefit greatly by early diagnosis and treatment. I am living proof that left undiagnosed ADHD continues into adulthood and wonder how early detection would have changed my life. We need to plan for the future of those afflicted with this learning disorder.

• March 23, 2019 at 3:17 pm

Thanks for sharing your story, Bubba! I agree — somewhere on here I wrote a post a while back about a study on ADHD awareness among teachers. I don’t remember the exact statistics, but the gist was that a lot of teachers (surprise!) still don’t know much about ADHD. I think it often shows in the way classes are structured and the way students with learning disabilities are treated. For the teachers, those “problem students” go away once they graduate, but for people with ADHD, as you point out, the consequences continue into adulthood!