6 thoughts on “8 Ways To Help Someone With ADHD In Crisis

• January 23, 2014 at 4:37 pm

As someone diagnosed with ADD, & dealing with ongoing crises, I thank you for your article. From your description, it sounds like you’ve been someone people trust to open up to & admit vulnerabilities – & based on your suggestions, it’s easy to see why.
    I’ve tried to do likewise in my dealings with others, especially when they’re in crises but have found most people seem unable to reciprocate in kind.
    Your list – is EXACTLY what I wished people in my life understood. In fact, your list might be a great example of how to treat Any person in crisis. Unsure if it’s hubris, attribution error, or fear of feeling powerless – but #2 seems critical.
    #6 & 7 seem like common sense to me, yet most people can’t grasp that. The prevailing reaction to another person’s vulnerable situation seems to be “backseat driving” – to the detriment of everyone involved.
    Your list seems like a responsible and dignified response to anyone in crisis.

• January 26, 2014 at 12:50 pm

Russ, thank you.

Your comment made my day. I’m honoured and happy, thanks to you.

Thank you for reading my blog and for taking the time to contact me, it means a lot,

Kelly

• January 28, 2014 at 7:12 am

AMEN ! 🙂

• January 28, 2014 at 7:11 am

LOVING THIS ! THANK YOU SO MUCH XX <3

• January 29, 2014 at 4:30 pm

Hey Sheena, thanks so much.

I’m glad you enjoyed the post.

Thanks for reading my blog and for the comment,

Kelly

• February 8, 2014 at 4:37 am

You have captured exactly the essence of the word help. My worst is when “they” say …”there are others worse off than you” or “just pull yourself together” or “don’t be so emotional” My go to is seclusion, time to gather myself and settle the chaos. Time…without interference, because we don’t cope well with that at the best of times, let alone the worst.