8 thoughts on “Alternate Names For ADHD: We’re A Funny Lot

• July 23, 2013 at 6:49 am

Made me chuckle, your blogpost 😀 Will send it to my AD(-H)D daughter 🙂
    Love,
    Silvia

• July 23, 2013 at 1:13 pm

Kelly,
    Thank you for this post.
    I really need this today!

I have scribbled the words “FRUSTRATION!!!” all over my to do list, as I have been feeling the effects of 45 years of ADHD piling up lately.
    I’m still medicated, but sometimes would like to abandon the symptom control and let my attention fall where it will.

You’re spot on with the diagnosis for others.
    Thank you for brightening up my day!

• August 6, 2013 at 8:50 am

Hi, my3cats, I’m happy that the post brightened your day. I hope you continue to find good things, support and comfort in the world.

And I hope the frustration dissipates, an anxious thing that.

Thanks for the comment and for reading my blog,
      Kelly

• July 30, 2013 at 7:52 am

This is a good effort to make people smile who are suffering from such problem. I like they way you have shared your views and the honesty you have put in your information to give smile to those parents and their kids are actually suffering from this problem.

• August 6, 2013 at 8:52 am

Hi Michael:

The kids who are suffering from ADHD are very likely to have parents who also suffer from the adult form of ADHD. It is highly heritable, and persists into maturity.

Thanks for the compliment, for the comment and for reading my post,
      Kelly

• November 16, 2017 at 3:53 am

I think my father had it too, but it was never identified, much less formally diagnosed. I think it became a basis for his low self-esteem (a.k.a. Defectiveness Schema), which he often cope by counterattacking it. He died last year without knowing it.

• November 16, 2017 at 3:55 am

Seriously, based on what current experts say, I think an appropriate name would be simply Hyper Brain Propensity Disorder.

• December 11, 2017 at 3:15 pm

Hey, Kumara, we’ll add that one to the list.
      Kelly