6 thoughts on “10 Ways of Thinking That Drag You Down

• December 21, 2015 at 3:32 pm

There is a lot about perception when it comes to depression. This article helps people with this problem in a good and creative way!

• December 24, 2015 at 12:33 pm

I often think of myself as useless and unwanted. My parents were not the best. Luckily i have my grandparents who give me all the support i need. Despite this I’m unable to get over the thought that I’m worthless. I think it comes from my upbringing, both with my parents and in school. I never stand up for myself & never have. Recently I’m finally able to half hearted accept compliments. Although I don’t agree with most of them, i will acknowledge them. Which for me is a big step. Doing so causes me emotional pain. I want to accept them but i feel unworthy somehow. Negative thinking has been a part of my life forever but I’m finally learning to change. Thanks for the article.

• December 25, 2015 at 11:49 pm

This article was a shocker to me. I didn’t even know all these thinking patterns were negative! The worst part of it though is that I’ve tried to research for years what disorder it is that I have, and every single thing on this list perfectly described me 100% unlike all articles I’ve read. I’m only 25; is it possible to correct this entire list of negative thinking patterns all in the same brain?

• December 29, 2015 at 2:46 am

Yes i see a lot of this in me being bought up being told i was a idiot , useless , nevet amount to anything . My father was a very negative person never found good in anything unless it was anout him. Ive been told iam a negative person i put it down to my up bringing very hard to see a positive side of things . Iam working hard to make sure my daughter has nothing but positive in her life

• February 26, 2016 at 3:59 pm

Negative thoughts can change your whole life’s perspective. It is always best to seek help when needed. Very informative article.

• March 8, 2016 at 10:22 pm

Cogentive Behaval Therapy is wonderful. I did Mind-Over-Mood class. This changed my life more than any thing. It is based on the book with the same name. I also took a OCD class. This was helpful. I think this is the best therapy.