Time to Recharge: Your Body, Your Mind Takes a Hiatus
Happy Thursday, readers!
We’ve made it through the first month of 2013, and I hope it’s been a great one for you!
I’m writing this post to let you know that as of today, Your Body, Your Mind is taking a brief hiatus.
Psych Central and I began Your Body, Your Mind nearly one year ago with the goal of providing a place for people to learn more about how what we do for our bodies (food and fitness) goes hand-in-hand with what we do for our minds.
We’ve covered a lot of topics this year, including —
- Interviews from fitness experts. (Remember what personal trainer Jackie Burgmann taught use about beating the stress and anxiety associated with working out, and how yoga instructor Kyczy Hawk taught us about using yoga for addiction recovery?)
- Product reviews. (Check out the Yoga Meltdown workout DVD and the Hungry for Change documentary.)
- Resources on learning more about and combining diet, exercise, and mental health. (Be sure to bookmark 5 Tips for Combining Diet, Exercise, and Mental Health and 7+ Resources to Learn More About Diet, Exercise, and Mental Health.)
- Using food for mental health. (We’ve covered everything from emotional eating and the fast food cycle to good mood foods and gluten-free diets. Oh, don’t forget all the ways to keep your diet simple!)
- Fun stuff! (Get info on exercising with pets! Also, I still laugh at this Yoga for Sale Craigslist ad!)
— and we hope to cover a lot more in the future!
For now, we’d love your suggestions on what YOU’D like to see in future Your Body, Your Mind posts.
Do you want more expert interviews? Product reviews? Information on the latest research?
Sound off in the comments below and we’ll be sure to tackle everything we can as we plan the return of Your Body, Your Mind!
Sparks, A. (2013). Time to Recharge: Your Body, Your Mind Takes a Hiatus. Psych Central. Retrieved on August 4, 2015, from http://blogs.psychcentral.com/your-mind/2013/01/time-to-recharge-your-body-your-mind-takes-a-hiatus/