Product Review: Udi’s Gluten-Free Cinnamon Rolls
It’s a nice, lazy kind of afternoon for brunch, isn’t it?
(Well, it would be if you’re reading this at the time of publishing, ha!)
If you’re looking for a gluten-free food for breakfast or brunch – one that will fill you up as well as satisfy your sweet tooth – might I suggest Udi’s Gluten-Free Cinnamon Rolls?
That’s right! It’s time for another review in my ongoing gluten-lite journey!
Nothing rocket-scientisty going on here. Just heat the bun in the microwave, slather on some icing (if you want), and eat.
- Taste. They’re delicious! Just sweet enough to satisfy your craving, but not so sweet you’re sick by the end of it.
- Texture and consistency. Not too hard, not too soft, and not as gritty as some of the other gluten-free bread products I’ve had.
- Size. Udi’s Gluten-Free Cinnamon Rolls aren’t tiny. Unlike the way most store-bought gluten-free bread slices seem smaller than regular bread, the size of these cinnamon rolls seems fairly comparable to that of other cinnamon rolls.
- Price. Although I paid under $5 (definitely not the $7 listed on Udi’s website), I thought that was a little steep for four cinnamon rolls.
- Inconvenience. You get four cinnamon rolls, but you don’t get four icing packets. You get two, and unless there’re two of you, you just have to be careful about saving half of one for the next roll.
Yes, I would definitely recommend this gluten-free breakfast food. Also, I’m eager to try out Udi’s other gluten-free foods, like the Double Chocolate Muffins and Blueberry Muffins the cashier recommended.
Want some extra gluten-related info this weekend? Head over to Therapy Soup’s Does Gluten Cause Mental Illness?, where Richard and C.R. discuss gluten’s affect on depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, and other mental health conditions.
Sparks, A. (2012). Product Review: Udi’s Gluten-Free Cinnamon Rolls. Psych Central. Retrieved on September 28, 2016, from http://blogs.psychcentral.com/your-mind/2012/09/product-review-udis-gluten-free-cinnamon-rolls/