“A blog about body image, the skinny fad and freedom from numbers”
Weightless is about fostering a fulfilling body image and life, at any shape + size. It’s about well-being, not weight.
Weightless is about building a healthy relationship with food and yourself. It’s about transforming your self-care, and finding self-acceptance and self-love.
Weightless is about becoming a clever consumer and recognizing when women’s magazines and other mediums tout unrealistic and damaging tips and standards.
Some of the features you’ll find:
- Body Image Boosters. Having a healthy body image doesn’t just affect how you feel about your looks, it affects your overall well-being. Research has shown that high levels of body dissatisfaction are connected to low self-esteem, depression, anxiety, unhealthy habits and disordered eating. Every Monday, you’ll find a tip that helps you boost your body image and take great care of yourself.
- Interviews. Weightless features Q&As with a variety of experts, including clinical psychologists, authors and bloggers, on everything from intuitive eating to Health At Every Size to the diet mentality to eating disorders.
- Recovery Stories. Weightless also features interviews with amazing women who’ve recovered from eating disorders, negative body image, binge eating and other kinds of disordered eating. If you’d like to share your story of recovery, please email me at email@example.com.
- Minding the Magazines. How often have you picked up a women’s magazine, and after flipping through the pages, felt like you had to put yourself on a diet and exercise every day of the week? Though women’s magazines include some positive pieces, we regularly get a skewed view of beauty and a stringent view of food and fitness. These posts point out when magazines dish out bad advice on eating, exercise and “healthy” habits.
Top 15 Popular Posts
If you’d like to browse Weightless some more, check out our top 15 posts:
- 7 Signs Your Body Image Is Bruised (and 5 Solutions)
- When Your Self-Worth Is Wrapped Around Your Weight (and 7 Ways to Unwrap It)
- 20 Inspiring Ways to Boost Your Body Image
- 12 Ways to Become Proud of Your Body
- Body Image/Eating Disorder Myths From the Blogosphere
- 15 Body Image Boosters From the Blogosphere
- Why It’s Time to Change Our Thinking About Weight: Q&A with Linda Bacon
- The Voice of An Eating Disorder And 7 Ways to Shut It Up
- Eating Disorder Recovery: Q&A with Therese Borchard
- Feeling Fat? 3 Tips that May Help
- Are You Shackled to Your Scale?
- Minding Women’s Magazines: Asinine Advice
- NEDA Week: It’s Time to Talk About Eating Disorder Myths and Facts
- Building a Better Body Image with a Daily Dose of Inspiration
- Body Image & The Diet Mentality: Letting Go of Shame