Weightless is about fostering a fulfilling body image and life, at any shape + size. It’s about well-being, not weight.
Weightless is about building a healthy relationship with food and yourself. It’s about transforming your self-care, and finding self-acceptance and self-love.
Weightless is about becoming a clever consumer and recognizing when women’s magazines and other mediums tout unrealistic and damaging tips and standards.
Some of the features you’ll find:
- Body Image Boosters. Having a healthy body image doesn’t just affect how you feel about your looks, it affects your overall well-being. Research has shown that high levels of body dissatisfaction are connected to low self-esteem, depression, anxiety, unhealthy habits and disordered eating. Every Monday, you’ll find a tip that helps you boost your body image and take great care of yourself.
- Interviews. Weightless features Q&As with a variety of experts, including clinical psychologists, authors and bloggers, on everything from intuitive eating to Health At Every Size to the diet mentality to eating disorders.
- Recovery Stories. Weightless also features interviews with amazing women who’ve recovered from eating disorders, negative body image, binge eating and other kinds of disordered eating. If you’d like to share your story of recovery, please email me at email@example.com.
- Minding the Magazines. How often have you picked up a women’s magazine, and after flipping through the pages, felt like you had to put yourself on a diet and exercise every day of the week? Though women’s magazines include some positive pieces, we regularly get a skewed view of beauty and a stringent view of food and fitness. These posts point out when magazines dish out bad advice on eating, exercise and “healthy” habits.
If you’d like to browse Weightless some more, check out some favorite posts:
- When Your Self-Worth Is Wrapped Around Your Weight (and 7 Ways to Unwrap It)
- 12 Ways to Become Proud of Your Body
- Why It’s Time to Change Our Thinking About Weight: Q&A with Linda Bacon
- The Voice of An Eating Disorder And 7 Ways to Shut It Up
- Are You Shackled to Your Scale?
- NEDA Week: It’s Time to Talk About Eating Disorder Myths and Facts
- Building a Better Body Image with a Daily Dose of Inspiration
- Body Image & The Diet Mentality: Letting Go of Shame
- 30 Ways to Boost Your Well-Being Without Focusing on Weight
- 35 Lessons on Body Image, Well-Being + Life
- 8 Creative Ways to Practice Self-Care
- When You Don’t Love Your Body or Yourself
About Margarita Tartakovsky
In addition to writing Weightless, I’m an associate editor at Psych Central. I pen pieces on everything from anxiety to ADHD to couples. You can catch up on my latest writing here.
I co-wrote the e-book Heart to Heart: 20 Poems, Meditations + Affirmations to Embrace Your Body & Cultivate Kindness, with my close friend and Curvy Yoga founder Anna Guest-Jelley.
Unofficially, my writing career began in elementary school when I composed my first-ever fairy tale (my mom still has it!), months after emigrating from Russia.
Officially, I began freelancing after graduating with my master’s of science in clinical psychology from Texas A&M University. Today, I live in Florida with my husband, Brian.
Thanks so much for reading!