Last year I wrote a post on 15 ways to make your weekend a body positive one. Today, I’m sharing 15 more ways to do just that.
- Take a photo to celebrate the bits of joy in your life. (Post it to Instagram, if you like, with the hashtag #dailylove.)
- Consider how you can show up for 10 minutes this weekend, whether that’s journaling, practicing a few yoga poses or taking your camera for a walk.
- Try this journaling technique to “recapture, remember & re-ppreciate all the good, kind, decent, humane (or just plain interesting) things you’ve done, over the past 30 days.”
- Do something that feels like play to you.
- Listen to this. On repeat.
- Fulfill one of your basic needs.
- Think about the lessons your body has helped you learn — and helps you learn every day.
- Set your alarm to ring at 2:30 p.m. today and on Saturday and Sunday. At that moment, consider one thing you’re grateful for.
- Sink into a comfy chair, and enjoy some positive reading.
- Get inspired.
- Check in with your body every one or two hours to see a) what you need and b) how you can respond, and respect that need. Set an alarm to remind you.
- Move your body in any way that makes you feel absolutely, joyfully alive. For me that’s anything from taking a class at the gym to biking with Brian.
- Thank your body.
- Take some time to figure out what self-love looks like for you on a daily basis.
- Explore what it feels like to be in your skin.
What’s your version of a body positive weekend? Which of these ideas resonates with you?
Last reviewed: 6 Nov 2013
Tartakovsky, M. (2013). 15 More Ways To Enjoy A Body Positive Weekend. Psych Central.
Retrieved on September 2, 2014, from http://blogs.psychcentral.com/weightless/2013/02/15-more-ways-to-enjoy-a-body-positive-weekend/