A positive body image goes beyond liking your looks. It encompasses taking good care of yourself and leading a fulfilling life. In this weekly series, I share some of my favorite posts from some of my favorite bloggers on this topic. Hope you find these links inspiring, too!
Instead of setting specific resolutions, many people choose one word for the New Year. For instance, Susannah picked open. Anna picked spacious. Both women — and their posts — are incredibly inspiring.
I love Jen’s focus on the invitation of becoming more fully herself in 2013. This is also my intention. I’ve spent way too many years uncertain about the woman I am and looking to others to define me. Jen writes:
• An invitation to careful listening not because I am asking “What’s next?” but simply because I want to pay attention.
• An invitation to be who I am today rather than who I may become.
• An invitation to be nourished by my limits rather than railing against them until I flop to the ground in spent exhaustion.
• An invitation to learn to be seen and loved for who I am rather than who I thought I would be, should be.
• An invitation to savor and serve in the way that feels more alive and real right now.
Rosie shares how to host your own personal New Year’s summit.
Julie shares her insights on making your dreams actually come true.
A beautiful poem from Tara. A few of my favorite lines:
there will be more attention
to the fabrics against my skin
to the companion that is tea
and the miracle of the mug’s solidity in my hand
there will be more fresh flowers
and slow cooked meals
and decisions made for comfort
Alex invites us to choose our adventure this year. In her post, she shares “an avalanche of possibilities — things to explore, read, do, taste, see & be in 2013.”
What are your intentions for 2013? Have you created a word for this year?
This post currently has
You can read the comments or leave your own thoughts.
Last reviewed: 3 Mar 2014