50 Things I’m Grateful For
Whenever we get stuck in the diet mentality, we usually can’t focus on anything else. And if we do focus, it’s usually on everything that’s wrong with ourselves and our lives. Which adds up to a whole lot of negativity.
But this couldn’t be further from the truth. Our lives are filled with so much positivity and beauty. We just have to open our eyes, and pay attention.
That’s why I wanted to share a whopping 100 things that I’m grateful for in hopes that it might inspire you to make your own list.
Today, I’m sharing 50 and next week, I’ll share 50 more.
In no particular order, here’s 50 people, places and things that I’m grateful for:
- The strength of my body, which lets me participate in Pilates and kickboxing — classes that soothe my anxiety and boost my mood.
- The sun, for rising every day, no matter what happens in life.
- My mom for everything.
- My boyfriend, Brian, for everything.
- My family for everything.
- My friends for everything.
- The calming magic of a loved one’s hug.
- My iPhone camera for letting me capture the little and big moments in life.
- Being able to make it to my best friend’s wedding in Philly.
- Susannah Conway’s book.
- Inspiring bloggers and friends like Anna from Curvy Yoga, Mara from Medicinal Marzipan, Ashley from Nourishing the Soul, and many more.
- Being able to travel to NYC to see my family.
- Having a place to live (basic yet amazing).
- Inspiring websites like this one.
- Being able to do what I love every day.
- The symphony.
- Museums and exhibits like this one and this one.
- Farmer’s markets.
- Musicals (faves include “Jekyll and Hyde,” “Cabaret,” “The Producers,” and “Fiddler on the Roof.”)
- 100-year-old trees.
- Music you feel in your bones.
- Being able to eat a wide variety of foods.
- The scent of vanilla candles.
- Biting into a crisp apple.
- Handwritten cards.
- Weekends spent curled up on the couch with a book.
- Comfy shoes.
- Books you read and make you say, “Wow, you, too.”
- TED talks like this one.
- Poetry that plays on your heart and forces you to grab a piece of paper to write your own words. (One of my fave sites and another one.)
- Fruit smoothies.
- Foods that remind you of your childhood.
- Funny films.
- My parents and family taking a big risk and coming to this country.
- My health.
- The Internet.
- Family pictures.
- Comfy sneakers.
- The soothing feel of water on your skin.
- A hot cup of tea.
- Chocolate ice cream with rainbow sprinkles.
- The way flowers brighten up your day.
- Uncontrollable laughing with loved ones.
- My macbook.
- Big windows that let the light in.
- Shelves drowning in books.
- Riding my bike and noticing new sights and sounds.
What are you grateful for?
Tartakovsky, M. (2012). 50 Things I’m Grateful For. Psych Central. Retrieved on October 28, 2016, from http://blogs.psychcentral.com/weightless/2012/06/50-things-im-grateful-for/