Body Image & Self-Reflection: Complete These 15 Sentences
Mondays can be rough for many of us, and this doesn’t create the ideal environment for building a better body image. To help you turn that around, every Monday features a tip, activity, inspiring quote or some other tidbit to help boost your body image – and kick-start the week on a positive note.
Got a tip for improving body image? Email me at mtartakovsky at gmail dot com, and I’ll be happy to feature it. I’d love to hear from you!
When we’re working on improving our body image, self-reflection is important. It can help us spot patterns and connect to our core. To dig deeper into our thoughts and feelings. To evaluate and to reassess.
In the writing class that I’m currently taking, some of the prompts include completing sentences and seeing where that takes you. Such an exercise is also a great form of self-reflection.
Today, I thought we could do a similar exercise but of course with body-image related questions.
So take out a piece of paper, and jot down the following questions. See what you come up with. Write from your heart.
Doing so might help you discover things that are blocking or boosting your body image, help you get in tune with your thoughts and feelings, figure out what’s important to you. Or just spend some time thinking about where you’re at.
Again, either way, it challenges you to reach for the truth. To open up your heart and let it do the talking.
Here are 15 sentences to get you started:
- I am beautiful because
- I am strong because
- My favorite physical activity is
- I nourish my body because
- My loved ones make me feel great about my body when
- My loved ones make me feel bad about my body when
- I feel best about myself when
- I feel bad about myself when
- A truly positive body image means
- I love being me because
- I wish that I could give myself permission to
- I always feel comfortable in my own skin when
- The lesson I’ve learned about my body image this year is
- If I could change one thing about my life it would be
- My favorite part about spring is
Feel free to share your completed sentences below!
P.S., Check out the Self-Discovery Series round-up at Mara’s Medicinal Marzipan. You’ll find tons of great posts on change!
Tartakovsky, M. (2014). Body Image & Self-Reflection: Complete These 15 Sentences. Psych Central. Retrieved on April 21, 2015, from http://blogs.psychcentral.com/weightless/2011/04/body-image-self-reflection-complete-these-15-sentences/