“You are not your job, your income, your weight or your relationship status. You are the whole, perfect, unique spirit of light and love that shines from deep within.”
We all misguidedly identify ourselves via external aspects of our lives:
- Appearance: attractiveness, weight, size, clothing.
- Career: education, credentials, title, position.
- Finances: income, bank account, material possessions, lifestyle.
Sometime we also identify with our psychological or relational issues:
- Mental Illness: “I AM depressed”
- Relationship Status: “I AM single.”
- Life Roles: “I AM a codependent caretaker.”
All of the above is HOW we are, not WHO we are. They are aspects of ego.
Furthermore, through the power of self-fulfilling prophecy, what we think, we become. If we focus our attention on the negative, that is the type of energy we attract into our lives. Everyday, we unwittingly constrain ourselves and set our own ceilings through self-limiting beliefs.
Continue reading… »