We all know the holiday season can be stressful and filled with everything from difficult family dealings to enhancing feelings of depression and loneliness. Take this opportunity to reach out and share helpful tips to get your clients and readers through the holiday season. Whether lighthearted or serious, how you approach the topic depends on how you can best serve your ideal client.
One of the most popular blog posts on my private practice site Wasatch Family Therapy was a blog inspired by the 2003 movie, Elf. A therapist used Buddy the Elf’s most popular sayings to write a blog incorporating positive psychology. This lighthearted approach using a beloved holiday character can be a sweet way to offer some great tips for getting through the holiday season. Remember to write something that speaks to you and your ideal client.
Here are a few possible topics:
- Holiday stress
- Difficult family situations
- Co-parenting and the holidays
- Preventing loneliness
- Giving back/community service
- Gift giving
- Creating Holiday traditions
- Don’t forget the Griswolds, The Grinch, Santa Claus, A Christmas Story or any other characters you love that always have something to teach!