Inviting a colleague to write an article for your blog is a great way to post fresh content, share interesting resources, and help both of you build your online presence.
Blog posts on your private practice blog don’t have to be written by you. For therapist blog challenge #7 I want you to invite a colleague to contribute a blog article to your blog. The guest blogger doesn’t have to be a therapist. It can be any other professional that you respect, that you would like to help promote, or that you would like to be associated with.
The content from your invited guest blogger doesn’t have to be written from scratch. They can choose to repost an article from their blog that is slightly modified for your blog audience. You could even do a blog article swap – I’ll post yours if you post mine.
Be sure to include a little blurb about your guest blogger and a link to their website at the beginning or end of the guest post.
Ready, set, blog!
Here are some examples of guest posts on Private Practice Toolbox.
Additional reminders about the 2013 blog challenge
- Write and post your blog article in the next 2 weeks. If you miss the deadline or you read this article months later, that’s OK too.
- Post a link for this blog challenge in the comment section of this blog post.
- Read, comment, and share other therapist’s articles.
- Tweet your post using hashtag #therapistblog and tag @julie_hanks so I can retweet it.
- Pin it on the challenge Pinterest Board. I’ve invited everyone who posted a comment on the initial blog challenge post as collaborators so you can pin onto the group board.
- Spread the word and invite mental health colleagues to join the challenge. Articles can be added anytime throughout the year.
- Write no more than 600 words, make it easy to read, use a conversational tone, and gear your articles toward your ideal client (not other professionals).
- The goal of a professional blog is to provide value to your website visitors, help them get to know your professional perspective, increase traffic to your private practice website, and build your practice.
No trackbacks yet to this post.
Last reviewed: 10 Jun 2013
Hanks, J. (2013). Therapist Blog Challenge #7: Invite a Guest Blogger. Psych Central.
Retrieved on December 11, 2013, from http://blogs.psychcentral.com/private-practice/2013/06/therapist-blog-challenge-7-invite-a-guest-blogger/