Summarizing current research makes great blog article topics and helps you stay informed about relevant studies in your field of practice.
Since we celebrate Valentine’s Day this month I want you to pick a current research study related to love and relationships for your Therapist Blog Challenge #3 topic. Summarize the study, then add your take on it. You may want to discuss why you picked this study, how your readers can apply the study’s findings, what surprised you about the study, and what you learned. I can’t wait to see what you come up with. Get blogging!
Feel free to find your own love-related studies or choose from these news stories on recent research from PsychCentral News:
Quick writing experiences seems to work magic for couples commitment
Men and women may not be so different after all
Marriage may lower risk of heart attack
Gen Xer’s connect as much online as in person
Traditional distribution of chores = more sex
‘First time’ may influence sexual satisfaction for life
Kindness may be key to happiness for kids
- Write and post your blog article in the next 2 weeks. If you miss the deadline or you read this article months later, that’s OK too.
- Post a link for this blog challenge in the comment section of this blog post.
- Read, comment, and share other therapist’s articles.
- Tweet your post using hashtag #therapistblog and tag @julie_hanks so I can retweet it.
- Pin it on the challenge Pinterest Board. I’ve invited everyone who posted a comment on the initial blog challenge post as collaborators so you can pin onto the group board.
- Spread the word and invite mental health colleagues to join the challenge. Articles can be added anytime throughout the year.
- Write no more than 600 words, make it easy to read, use a conversational tone, and gear your articles toward your ideal client (not other professionals).
- The goal of a professional blog is to provide value your website visitors, help them get to know your professional perspective, increase traffic to your private practice website, and build your practice.
No trackbacks yet to this post.
Last reviewed: 20 Feb 2013
Hanks, J. (2013). Therapist Blog Challenge #3: Current Research On Love. Psych Central.
Retrieved on June 20, 2013, from http://blogs.psychcentral.com/private-practice/2013/02/therapist-blog-challenge-3-current-research-on-love/