5 Year Blog Anniversary and My Top 10 Favorite Posts from 2013
Believe it or not, five years ago starting a blog called Mindfulness and Psychotherapy seemed like a risky venture. At the time, some people I mentioned it to said, “Well, there are a whole lot of blogs that come and go within a year.” The integration of mindfulness, compassion and neuroscience as a therapy in our daily lives has now become key to millions of people. Through posts and interviews we’ve looked into practical applications for stress, anxiety, depression, addiction, trauma, grief, happiness, joy, self-compassion, forgiveness, relationships, business, medicine, technology, politics and so much more.
Since the inception of this blog we’ve seen the publications of A Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Workbook, The Now Effect and Mindfulness Meditations for the Anxious Traveler. It has been incredibly rewarding to share these years with you and I wanted to thank you all deeply for all your interactions, they have been a source of living wisdom for me and the other readers to benefit from.
Now, here are my Top 10 Favorite Posts from 2013:
- Top 5 Regrets of the Dying
- The Neuroscience of Learning to Trust Yourself
- 7 Life Lessons from Dr. Seuss
- The New Science of Smiling (It’s More Powerful than You Think)
- 3 Key Mindfulness Practices for Calm, Self-Compassion and Happiness
- Living in a Brainwashed Culture of Urgency
- What Makes Men (and Women) Happy? A 75 Year Study’s Revelation
- The Power of Self-Compassion
- The Science Behind Why Everything You Do Matters
- Do Smartphones Kill Happiness
Double Bonus: A Simple Practice to a Happier and More Balanced Brain
Whether this is your first time visiting or you’ve been here since the beginning, I hope these posts go on to bring you much insight and joy.
Meditation image available from Shutterstock.
Goldstein, E. (2014). 5 Year Blog Anniversary and My Top 10 Favorite Posts from 2013. Psych Central. Retrieved on May 29, 2015, from http://blogs.psychcentral.com/mindfulness/2014/01/5-year-blog-anniversary-and-my-top-10-favorite-posts-from-2013/