If you’ve been following my blog for a while, you know I like to draw on the wisdom of others at times to get a point across.
In moving into 2012 we can allow these to be seeds to water throughout the year. Enjoy!
- “Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.” ~ Dalai Lama
- “If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.” ~ Dalai Lama
- “There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.” ~ Thich Nhat Hanh
- “It is what it is, while it is.” ~ Elisha Goldstein
- “If we learn to open our hearts, anyone, including the people who drive us crazy, can be our teacher.” – Pema Chodron
- “As soon as we wish to be happier, we are no longer happy.” ~ Walter Landor
- “The fact is, we are not islands and we are far more connected than we know” ~ Elisha Goldstein
- “There is no enlightenment outside of daily life.” ~ Thich Nhat Hanh
- “Realize that this very body, with its aches and it pleasures… is exactly what we need to be fully human, fully awake, fully alive.” ~Pema Chodron
- “After the ecstasy, the laundry.” ~ Jack Kornfield
May this be a year for you filled with ease, happiness, safety and getting in touch with the clarity and wisdom that resides within, realizing The Now Effect.
What are some other quotes that you resonate with? Please share your thoughts, quotes, and questions below. Your interaction here provides a living wisdom for us all to benefit from.
Photo by Tom Green available under a creative commons license.
Last reviewed: 22 Dec 2011
Goldstein, E. (2011). 10 Quotes to Keep in Mind as You Begin 2012. Psych Central.
Retrieved on September 2, 2014, from http://blogs.psychcentral.com/mindfulness/2011/12/10-quotes-to-keep-in-mind-as-you-begin-2012/