10 (More) Quotes for a Mindful Day
Four months ago I wrote a blog post titled 10 Quotes for a Mindful Day. Since then I began an increasingly popular tradition called Mondays Mindful Quote where every Monday I post a quote that I think has some relevance to Mindfulness and Psychotherapy and then explore the quote.
Here is a list of 10 (More) Quotes for a Mindful Day, with some having links back to blog posts where I have explored the quote. There is a lot under these links, so feel free to bookmark this page and come back to it over and again. Enjoy!
- “You can hold back from suffering of the world,
you have permission to do so,
and it is in accordance with your nature,
but perhaps this very holding back
is the one suffering you could have avoided.” ~ Franz Kafka
- “Don’t turn away. Keep your gaze on the bandaged place. That’s where the light enters you.” ~ Rumi
- “Whether you believe you can or you can’t, you’re right.” ~ Henry Ford
- “The biggest disease today is not leprosy or tuberculosis but rather the feeling of not belonging.” ~ Mother Teresa
- “Nothing endures but change.” ~ Heraclitus
- “To be in harmony with the wholeness of things is not to have anxiety over imperfections.” ~ Dogen Zenji
- “Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy” ~ Thich Nhat Hanh
- “Every human being has the freedom to change at any instant.” ~ Viktor Frankl
- “When the resistance is gone, the demons are gone.” ~ Pema Chodron
- “You lose your grip and then you slip, Into the masterpiece.” ~ Leonard Cohen
All of these quotes are reflected in the work done with mindfulness and psychotherapy for emotional healing.
As always, please share your own quotes, stories, thoughts, and questions below. Your interaction here truly does create a living wisdom for us all to benefit from.
Goldstein, E. (2009). 10 (More) Quotes for a Mindful Day. Psych Central. Retrieved on May 23, 2015, from http://blogs.psychcentral.com/mindfulness/2009/11/10-more-quotes-for-a-mindful-day/