Mindful Parenting Reading List
I recently attended a lecture through my local Community Education program, and the presenter offered a great list of books related to mindful parenting. I haven’t read all of them yet, but I’d like to share them with you, along with their author’s websites (when available).
- Raising Happiness by Christine Carter, PhD
- A Pebble in Your Pocket by Thich Nhat Hanh, Phillipe Ames, and Nguyen Thi Hop
- Planting Seeds: Practicing Mindfulness with Children by Thich Nhat Hanh
- Mindful Movements by Thich Nhat Hanh and Wietske Vriezen
- Everyday Blessings: The Inner Work of Mindful Parenting by Jon and Myra Kabat-Zinn
- Building Emotional Intelligence by Linda Lantieri
- Mindful Parent, Happy Child by Pilar Placone, PhD
- Mindsight by Daniel Siegel, MD
- Parenting from the Inside-Out by Daniel Siegel, MD and Mary Hartzell
- The Whole-Brain Child by Daniel Siegel, MD
- The Conscious Parent by Shefali Tsabery, MD
- Mindful Motherhood: Practical Tools for Staying Sane During Pregnancy and Your Child’s First Year by Cassandra Vieten and Sylvia Boorstein
- Child’s Mind by Christopher Willard, PhD
(This list will also be posted in the resources link on the sidebar of this blog.)
I’m in the middle of Child’s Mind by Christopher Willard right now, and it’s great – full of practical tips for teaching mindfulness to kids.
What are you reading? What would you add to the list?
Naumburg, C. (2012). Mindful Parenting Reading List. Psych Central. Retrieved on April 27, 2015, from http://blogs.psychcentral.com/mindful-parenting/2012/11/mindful-parenting-reading-list/