Reality-check yourself with the following questions:
- How many realities are there right now? One, two, none?
- Is there just what is or is there something else there (on top of what is, in addition to what is)?
- In this moment right now, is there one and only reality or does it come with a backpack of potential and fiction?
- There you are, right? Right. Now, what about this ‘potential you’ that you think you can also be right now? Where’s that one?
- Where is your potential right now? Show it to yourself!
- What’s the difference between ‘potential’ and ‘possible’ and ‘hypothetical’ and ‘imaginary’?
- As you look back at the history of facts, do you see any history of potential as well?
- Does reality short-change? Do you?
Check reality before you live it. Certainly, before you judge it (yourself, included).
Enjoy all that is. If “all that is” isn’t enough for you, what would be?
Reviews of Present Perfect
Last reviewed: 9 Jul 2011
Somov, P. (2010). Check Reality Before You Live it. Psych Central.
Retrieved on December 22, 2014, from http://blogs.psychcentral.com/mindful-living/2010/09/check-reality-before-you-live-it/