10 Aphorisms: What did your parents tell you?
There are some saying that stay with you throughout your life. Whether you used them with your friends growing up, or found insight from your parents, here is a list of some sayings that have always stayed with me, and have helped me throughout different times in my life:
- Don’t be afraid to say no, when the others say go
- Stay low and drive hard
- If at first you don’t succeed, you’re doing it wrong
- You can pick your fingers, you can pick your toes, but you can’t pick your relatives
- A moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips
- Show me a good loser, and I’ll show you a loser
- Be yourself, it’s who you do best
- No means no!
- Eat it today, wear it tomorrow
- The early bird catches the worm
What did your parents tell you?
Loberg, E. (2014). 10 Aphorisms: What did your parents tell you?. Psych Central. Retrieved on February 12, 2016, from http://blogs.psychcentral.com/manic-depression/2014/08/13/10-aphorisms-what-did-your-parents-tell-you/