There are some saying that stay with you throughout your life. Whether you used them with your friends growing up, or found insight from your parents, here is a list of some sayings that have always stayed with me, and have helped me throughout different times in my life:
- Don’t be afraid to say no, when the others say go
- Stay low and drive hard
- If at first you don’t succeed, you’re doing it wrong
- You can pick your fingers, you can pick your toes, but you can’t pick your relatives
- A moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips
- Show me a good loser, and I’ll show you a loser
- Be yourself, it’s who you do best
- No means no!
- Eat it today, wear it tomorrow
- The early bird catches the worm
What did your parents tell you?
No trackbacks yet to this post.
Last reviewed: 13 Aug 2014
Loberg, E. (2014). 10 Aphorisms: What did your parents tell you?. Psych Central.
Retrieved on November 26, 2014, from http://blogs.psychcentral.com/manic-depression/2014/08/13/10-aphorisms-what-did-your-parents-tell-you/