Spring is here, and often times when we think of Spring cleaning, we think of all the chores we have to do around the house:
- Go through your closet and get rid of any clothes you don’t wear anymore
- Take out all the food in your pantry and throw out what has been sitting there for months
- Remove all the dishes in your cabinets and clean the inside of your cupboards…etc
But there is another kind of Spring cleaning, a mental cleanse. Here are some ideas on how to Spring Clean Your Brain:
- Make a list of things you have held onto that you want to let go – Sometimes we harbor feelings that eat away at us. It is important to let things go and move forward. Now is the perfect time to do it.
- Meditate every day for a week – Give your brain a chance to revamp and clear your mind.
- Try a different workout next time you’re at the gym – Exercising different muscles will work your body while clearing your head.
- Get a big bowl and fill it with some refreshing fruit and have it ready to go in your refrigerator. Healthy choices mean happy health.
- The Time is Now – We all go through hard times but it’s important to forgive yourself, and forget the past. The Holidays are over. The New Year has already begun. Now it’s time to make it yours. Whatever is mentally holding you back from your happiness can be dropped now. Time is of the essence. Spring is here.
Happy Spring Cleaning Everyone!
Man cleaning photo available from Shutterstock
Last reviewed: 9 Apr 2013
Loberg, E. (2013). Spring Clean Your Brain – 5 Ways to Jump Start Your Spring!. Psych Central.
Retrieved on February 27, 2015, from http://blogs.psychcentral.com/manic-depression/2013/04/08/spring-clean-your-brain-5-ways-to-jump-start-your-spring/