Mental Health Hero Lee Horbachewski Says, “You are not alone. You are loved.”
2012 Mental Health Hero Cartoon-A-Thon
Drawing done by Chato Stewart
“You are not alone. You are loved.” Words that Lee Horbachewski lives and breathes, to let others know they are not alone through the journey of depression and anxiety.
Lee’s book, “A Quiet Strong Voice – my journey through depression, anxiety and attempted suicide” is about to be released. This is a tell-all memoir of the dark times she faced in 2004 and how she moved through them, to choose life.
“This book is the book I wish I had when I was in the psychiatric ward. Short, easy to read with larger text and something I could relate to.” Says Lee.
Together with a passionate group of individuals, Lee created with Going Blue 4 U campaign in 2011 that reached across Canada. The campaign was dubbed “the awareness campaign putting a colorful spin on the blues” by the media and got people talking about mental illness in a lighthearted, casual way.
Lee is working hard behind the scenes to create an even better campaign in 2012.
Video link: http://youtu.be/jfNnjJApppI
Getting to know you:
- What makes you laugh? Playing tickle monster with my girls; we all end up rolling on the floor, belly laughing.
- What was the last book you read? “The Gifts of Imperfection” by Brene Brown
- Who is your hero? Dan Millman – he is truly a peaceful warrior: brave, humble, generous, wise and brilliant.
- If you were marooned on an island name three things you would take with you? My hubby, and two daughters.
- How do you find the balance? Balance is over-rated. I endeavor to set boundaries that allows me to spend time with those I love, while living my passion.
- What is your current state of mind? Focused and intentional.
Friend me on Facebook @chato B Stewart.
—————-View previous Newsletters.
Bonus My kids Drawings
Stewart, C. (2012). Mental Health Hero Lee Horbachewski Says, “You are not alone. You are loved.”. Psych Central. Retrieved on July 2, 2015, from http://blogs.psychcentral.com/humor/2012/05/mental-health-hero-lee-horbachewski-says-%e2%80%9cyou-are-not-alone-you-are-loved-%e2%80%9d/