Weekly Questions for Reconnecting to Yourself
As we’re going through our days, checking off tasks from our to-do lists, running errands, tending to others, we can naturally get disconnected from ourselves. Today, I’m sharing a list of questions you can ask yourself every week to reconnect. To check in with yourself. To explore your thoughts and feelings and needs. To better understand what’s swirling inside your soul.
- What thoughts have been running through my mind?
- What have I been needing that I’m not getting?
- What part of myself do I feel distant from?
- What (inner or internal) challenges have I run into this week?
- What have I been daydreaming about?
- What feelings have I been having as I’m waking up and lying in bed?
- What feelings have I been having as I’m falling asleep?
- Who am I?
- Where can I forgive myself?
- What three words describe my week?
- What three words describe how I feel about my week?
- What did I say yes to that I really wanted to say no to?
- What did I say no to that I really wanted to say yes to?
- What have I cried about or want to cry about?
- What brought me joy?
- What am I excited about?
- What’s surprised me about this week? Why?
- What’s surprised me about how I acted, reacted, thought or felt this week?
- What makes me feel most like myself?
- What activities can I do this week that help me to connect to myself?
- What’s most important to me today? Am I making that a priority? If not, how can I make it a priority?
- Am I following my own manifesto? If I’m not, do I need to make any changes to my days or to my manifesto or both?
Pick five (or more) questions that are meaningful to you and answer them at the end of every week. Carve out an entire hour to think through them, or give yourself 15 minutes–whatever time you have. Once a month, you can even channel your responses into a messy project: a drawing, blog post, series of photos, dance, a song.
Create whatever it is you need.
Tartakovsky, M. (2016). Weekly Questions for Reconnecting to Yourself. Psych Central. Retrieved on February 10, 2016, from http://blogs.psychcentral.com/everyday-creativity/2016/01/weekly-questions-for-reconnecting-to-yourself/