Summer Reading: Celebrity Psychings Edition
Happy Monday, dear readers!
As you read this, I am officially on vacation. That means no work — including Celebrity Psychings posts!
Don’t fret, though; I’ve compiled a list of some of this year’s most popular posts for you!
From getting tips on creating your own staycation and at-home spa to catching up on what’s happening with some famous names and their mental health issues or advocacy work, it’s all here.
Consider it a little summer reading or a chance to play catch-up if you’re kids are already back in school!
- 3 Lessons My Sister and I and Dave Matthews Band Could Teach You — Who knew what a couple of pit tickets could teach you? And they’re not even about music.
- Emotional Listening: Do You Enjoy the Music or Understand the Lyrics? — OK, now this one is about music.
- Staycation Time! Create Your Own Spa Day at Home — You don’t have to have a lot of money or time to have renew and refresh!
- Why Using Bert & Ernie to Celebrate Marriage Equality Doesn’t Make Sense — The New Yorker chose a cutsie, pop culture way to memorialize a monumental event in civil rights history. Dumb much?
- “Mom, You’re a Junkie!” Explaining the Disease of Addiction to Children — Renee Graziano’s son really didn’t get it when she explained her addiction; Psych Central blotter Dr. David Sack offers suggestions on how to explain addiction to children.
- Who Can Kids Talk to About Alcohol and Drug Addiction? — On that note, check out these resources for kids dealing with alcoholism and drug addiction in their families and neighborhoods.
- DMB Violinist Boyd Tinsley: “My Life Is a [BEEP!] Adventure” — Is yours?
- Bipolar Disorder: How You Can Help Your Diagnosed Family and Friends — Even if you don’t have personal experience with bipolar disorder, you can help the people in your life.
- Online Dating: 7 Ways to Protect Yourself Against Getting Hurt — Online dating grows more and more common everyday. Get some safety tips from some of the biggest psychological resources and online dating sites around.
- 10 Celebrity Quotes On Simplicity, Strength, and Self-Reliance — Posts of celebrity quotes are among the most popular at Celebrity Psychings. Take in a few of these and decide for yourself.
- The Face of Mental Illness: Celebrity Edition — You know Brian Williams was wrong to call Ariel Castro “the face of mental illness.” Find out just exactly how wrong.
Enjoy your week!
Sparks, A. (2013). Summer Reading: Celebrity Psychings Edition. Psych Central. Retrieved on June 30, 2015, from http://blogs.psychcentral.com/celebrity/2013/08/summer-reading-celebrity-psychings-edition/