Happy Tuesday, readers!
That’s right, you officially have about 48 hours until Valentine’s Day.
(Cue dramatic drum roll.)
Now, I know some of you don’t care for Valentine’s Day.
It was created by Hallmark! There’s too much pressure! Why should we spend just one day showing each other how we feel?!
Fine. I agree with all that most of the time, too.
However, for those of you who do celebrate Valentine’s Day, I’d like to veer off the celebrity-inspired road for just a second to tell you about how you can combine Valentine’s Day and mental health this year.
The good folks over at Mental Health America have teamed up with Gift Cards for a Cause this year to help you both find the perfect valentine for your sweetie and donate to mental health.
The Gift Cards for a Cause website explains how it works (which is super simple), but basically all you do is visit Gift Cards for a Cause, choose the gift card you want, and then choose where to send your donation.
(In this case, Mental Health America!)
If you’re not sure what kind of gift card(s) to get, consider these ideas:
- Sometimes a person just needs a knock at the door with a surprise on the other side to brighten her day. Try a classic flower delivery from 1800Flowers.com.
- Give someone the gift of a spa treatment from SpaFinder, or help them create their own tranquil spa environment with a Bath & Body Works gift card.
- Books, movies, and movies are great ways to de-stress, escape for a bit, and even deal with emotions like depression, sadness, and anger. Try gift cards from Barnes & Noble, Amazon, and iTunes.
- Maybe physical health is how your significant other, friend, or family member maintains mental wellness. Check out the gift cards available from GNC, Walgreens, CVS, Footlocker, and Nike.
- Let’s get away from it all! Gift cards from American Airlines, Bed&Breakfast.com, Celebrity Cruise, Budget, and Marriott Hotels & Resorts can help make that happen.
Happy Valentine’s Day!
Last reviewed: 12 Feb 2013
Sparks, A. (2013). Give the Gift of Mental Health This Valentine’s Day!. Psych Central.
Retrieved on July 22, 2014, from http://blogs.psychcentral.com/celebrity/2013/02/give-the-gift-of-mental-health-this-valentines-day/