Sinead O’Connor Gets Married, Gears Up For New Album, Tour
2011 has been a pretty big year for Sinead O’Connor.
The Irish singer-songwriter, perhaps best known for her 1990 hit version of Prince’s “Nothing Compares 2 U”:
- Has turned 45.
- Married her boyfriend Barry Herridge.
- Is gearing up for the release of a new album, How About I Be Me (And You Be You)?
- Has already released two singles from said album.
- Is getting ready to announce international tour dates to promote the album.
All this, from someone who flirted with idea of suicide just a few months ago.
I won’t even pretend to understand Sinead’s personal reasons for attempting suicide back in the 90s or why the singer hinted at the possibility again earlier this year, nor will I claim any of these achievements are enough to help someone deal with depression or suicidal thoughts.
We all know things like money, fame, success, and even love aren’t “cures.”
Still, she’s had a mighty successful year, and none of it would have happened or came to completion had she taken her own life.
So, congratulations to Sinead, and remember: Suicide is a permanent fix to a temporary problem!
Want more on suicide awareness and prevention? Head on over to:
- Celebrity Or Not: Suicide Warning Signs To Look For
- 5 Easy Ways To Help With Suicide Prevention Awareness
Image Source: Wikipedia
Sparks, A. (2011). Sinead O’Connor Gets Married, Gears Up For New Album, Tour. Psych Central. Retrieved on September 3, 2015, from http://blogs.psychcentral.com/celebrity/2011/12/sinead-oconnor-gets-married-gears-up-for-new-album-tour/