Have you ever wondered, “Why am I here?”
“Who am I meant to be and what am I meant to do?”
We all ask these type of questions at on point or another, and the answers are certainly different for everyone.
Regardless what you connect with as a “higher purpose” or meaningful life, a sense of purpose and passion will not only lead to greater well-being but can help us be at our best and live more fully.
I think quotations are one of the most inspiring and insightful ways to learn and shift our thinking.
So here are 15 quotes to help you explore the idea of living with greater purpose and passion!
1. “Musicians must make music, artists must paint, poets must write if they are to ultimately be at peace with themselves. What human beings can be, they must be.” – Abraham Maslow
2. “Where there is no vision, the people perish.” – Proverbs 29:18
3. “This above all: to thine own self be true, and it must follow, as the night of the day, thou canst not be false to any man.” – William Shakespeare
4. “Never let the odds keep you from pursuing what you know in your heart you were mean to do.” – Satchel Paige
5. “The two most important days in life are the day you born and the day you discover the reason why.” – Mark Twain
6. “Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears.” – Les Brown
7. “The greatest achievement was at first and for a time a dream. The oak sleeps in the acorn.” – James Allen
8. “It is better to strive in one’s own dharma than to succeed in the dharma of another. Nothing is ever lost in following one’s own dharma. But competition in another’s dharma breeds fear and insecurity.” – Krishna
9. “Follow your passion, be prepared to work hard and sacrifice, and, above all, don’t let anyone limit your dreams.” – Donovan Bailey
10. “Passion is energy. Feel the power that comes from focusing on what excites you.” – Oprah Winfrey
11. “It is the soul’s duty to be loyal to its own desires. It must abandon itself to its master passion.” – Rebecca West
12. “I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious.” – Albert Einstein
13. “The purpose of human life is to serve, and to show compassion and the will to help others.” – Albert Schweitzer
14. “The road to success is dotted with many tempting parking places” ~ Author Unknown
15. “There are two primary choices in life; to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them.” – Denis Waitley
Bonus from the late great Stephen Covey: 16. “You can retire from a job, but don’t ever retire from making extremely meaningful contributions in life.”
What are some of your favorite quotes? What would you add to this list?
This post currently has
You can read the comments or leave your own thoughts.
Last reviewed: 4 Sep 2014